Saturday, September 22, 2012

Food Update.

I've already had a few requests for some pictures of the city itself in addition to the delicious food so look for those in an upcoming post. Right now I need to upload some food pictures--I've gotten a bit behind!

One of the most picturesque double rainbows I have ever seen. It was right outside our window, too!

Recent shopping trip. Take note of the Marzipan (almond paste) in particular and the amount of veggies in general.

One night I sautéed green beans with onions, garlic, and mushrooms.  I didn't even set the smoke alarm off! It was good.

I went to Café de Jaren to study on my own and ordered a mango smoothie with lime-coconut-chicken soup. Mmm. 

I call it an "Amsterdam Sandwich" because it's a great to-go lunch. It consists of a roll--half with berry jam half with tomato spread--salami and cheese. I assure you it's delicious.

These peper flavored crackers are way too addictive. 

Another night I sautéed the rest of my mushrooms with red peppers and some garlic. YUM.

Right around Vondelpark there was a great sushi restaurant I went to with my friends Annelise and Javon. On the left is tuna w/cream cheese and on the right are basic cucumber rolls. (Note: sesame seeds in sushi = THE BEST.)

So one night I fried some potatoes...

Penne pasta w/ salad!

I don't like coffee, but I wanted a cappuccino. Go figure. (I think I just wanted to get that tiny little cookie because the cookie alone was worth the price of the drink.)

Only 20 Euros worth of groceries. Here we have the addition of fruit like raspberries and strawberries. 

Stroopwaffles! A Dutch delicacy. I don't even know how to explain them. They're buttery and heavenly goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment