Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Happy Wednesday!

I'm trying to space my posts out a bit, but today was just such an awesome day that I can't pass it up. It's worthwhile explaining right here and now before tomorrow begins.

Early in the morning (fine, it was only 10) I went to meet a friend and we rode our bikes to the Van Gogh Museum. I think The Potato Eaters & Irises were my two favorites. The museum will be closing on the 26th of September for renovations, but their permanent collection will be on display at the Hermitage Museum. (Some of their works are also traveling around the States and Canada right now.) I bought a t-shirt, but it's the wrong size and now I have to go back to exchange it. Oh well, it's a beautiful bike ride from my place.

Next I met a friend for lunch and we walked down to a really cute "snack store" and got burgers. I think I'll be frequenting this place quite often. It was cheap & delicious. On our way back we stopped at a farmer's market and I also bought rain pants. It rains that often here that you need rain pants.

By the time I got back to my room some more friends that stopped by to talk to my roommate and we got into some pretty radical discussions about sexuality. It was wonderful & I was sad to have to leave and end it so soon.

It ended up being okay because then I biked to the other side of town where I met more people and we went to a play. So funny story, we thought we were going to a film festival and well... it was a one-woman-act monologue instead. It was ... interesting, but I still enjoyed seeing a show and getting out of the house. It was serious, poetic, enthusiastic and perplexing. It's called Oh My Irma by Haley McGee and here's a link if you're interested: http://www.amsterdamfringefestival.nl/fringe/en/programme/fringe-2012/oh-my-irma.aspx

Upon returning home I decided it was time for dinner (at 10 pm mind you). I wanted to make eggs with onions, garlic, and red pepper along with a salad. I made my salad (same deal as before--lettuce, cucumber, carrots & olive oil/pepper/salt dressing) and then moved on to the eggs. After hunting down matches (I wasn't having much luck with a lighter) I started with the onions. They burned. The smoke alarm went off. I freaked out but got it all under control. Onions went in the trash. But the garlic in the eggs was a wonderful addition to my scrambled eggs! It was still delicious even if I forgot to add red pepper in all the chaos of burning onions.

I'll add pictures tomorrow! Getting up early tomorrow for a morning class and then I've got the afternoon free.

Tot Ziens,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment